Congratulations to our Sports Awards winners!
- Farnham Herald Award – Team Rachel, Farnham Runners
- Mayor of Farnham Award – Katie Pye, AFD Athletic Club
- Sports Development Award – Andrew Hall
- Young Sports Team of the Year – Weydon School U16 Football
- Sports Team of the Year – Badshot Lea Men’s 1st XI Football
- Sports Coach of the Year – Shane Carrington, Atomic Boxing and Callum Piper, Roller Hockey
- Sports Club of the Year – Farnham Town Running Club
- Environmental Impact – Chris Cocker, Brightwells Tennis Club
- Mayor of Waverley Award – Stellar Gymnastics
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport – David Goldsworthy, Farnham Cricket Club
- Sporting Role Model – Will Barnicoat, AFD Athletics Club
- Young Sporting Role Model – William Stratton-Brown, Frensham Pond Sailing Club
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Bronwen Price, Jilly Antrobus, Amy Lee & Holly Langton, Farnham Swimming Club
- Volunteer of the Year – Kate Whyatt, Frensham Pond Sailability
- Disability Sports Award – Paul Phillips, Frensham Pond Sailability
- Service to Sport – Ivor Barrett, Frensham Pond Sailability
- Young Sports Personality of the Year – Jacob Stockwell, Farnham Fireballs
- Sports Personality of the Year – Linda Tyler, Farnham Runners
Farnham Sports Council partnership with Farnham Lions
We are delighted that Farnham Sports Council have partnered with the Farnham Lions Club charity to help fund sporting projects within our community.The Lions Club has provided the opportunity for local sports clubs to receive financial and possibly personnel support. Any funding will be on a needs rather than a want basis but no running costs, such as fuel, wages or rental will be accepted. As a rough guide, the Lions are interested in supporting the following :
- Funding coaching courses
- Sponsorship of team or training kit
- Sponsorship of equipment
- Help individuals in financial need with subscriptions.
More information about the partnership and application process can be found in the documents below: (please click on the document title to open it)
The Farnham Sports Council is an independent, voluntary body which represents the sporting interests of the people of Farnham and the surrounding districts. The FSC acts to promote sport in the community at all levels, to safeguard existing facilities, to identify sporting needs in the area and provides a forum where clubs and individuals can present their views on sporting matters to local authorities and other interested organisations.
The aims of the Sports Council are:-
1) To increase the number of people taking part in sport and physical activity in the Farnham area
2) To actively support the town’s valuable sports clubs to be sustainable and enjoy a higher profile
3) To act as the umbrella organisation and the voice for sports clubs and associations in the town
These organisations may provide very useful support, information and guidance for individuals and sports clubs – go to the ‘Support for Clubs’ section to find out a bit more about how they might help you.